Sunday, December 21, 2008

de Tong Yuan Day!!!

Well today is the day that, we chinese celebrate "Tong chit" Winter Fastival..

well for my family tradition will be having a nice and warn family dinner together.. usually will we have it at my grandpa house have nice reunion dinner with extended family but since my grandma passing ,this year was abit different we have our own simple dinner at home cause my dad cant eat outside food(very unhealthy & oily) so mom cook simply dinner....
btw it wasn't really a reunion dinner for my family since my lil was in state and dunno where my elder sis went she cant make it for the dinner -.-"

so will back to the main topic

well today main dish will be "tong yuan" (glutinous rice or round dumpling)
is a must to eat this during this fastival...

I believe we all have heard from our mom telling us that we can only eat according to our age... example if i am 23 now i was surpose to eat 23 glutinous rice balls

so when i was young i really wanna be older so that i can eat more haha... but not now when I am all growed up... i can bearly eat more then 10 pcs how sad... haha

so by the end of the day i only eat 10 pcs.. haha


round 1 of tong yuan...

blended peanut with sugar

so this is how I eat my "tong yuan"
i roll my glutinous rice ball into the blended peanut it damn yummy....
I just love the way I eat it... yumm...
so would like to wish every1 to have a happy weekend and also happy tong chit festival.. :P
so people done with your x'mas shopping>?? well I still got a lot to do... so tomorrow gotta really shop for xmas presie...
signing off now
xoxo
MiszCAryn

0 comments: